Kidde GSA-M270 Manual Pull Station – Single Action, 1-stage
- Traditional familiar teardrop design with simple positive pull action and sturdy die-cast metal body.
- Available for one (GA) or two stage (pre-signal) alarm systems.
- With Break Glass operation rod that discourages tampering
- Intelligent device with integral microprocessor which substantially improves control panel response time. Less sensitive to line noise and loop wiring properties.
- ADA Compliant for manual pull station.
- Permanently stores programmable address, serial number, type of device, and job number.
- Automatically updates historic information including hours of operation, last maintenance date, number of alarms and troubles, and time and date of last alarm.
- Automatically maps devices by transmitting wiring information to the loop controller regarding its location with respect to other devices on the circuit
- Stand-alone station inputs an alarm even if the loop controller’s polling interrogation stops.
- Diagnostic LED Statuses: GREEN for normal polling and RED for alarm state.
- Designed for high ambient temperature operation up to 120 °F (49 °C).
The Kidde GSA-M270 Manual Pull Station is made from die-cast zinc and finished with red epoxy powder-coat paint complemented by aluminum colored stripes and markings. With positive pull-lever operation, one pull on the station handle breaks the glass rod and turns in a positive alarm.
The operating characteristics of the fire alarm stations are determined by their sub-type code or “Personality Code”. NORMALLY-OPEN ALARM – LATCHING (Personality Code 1) is assigned by the factory; no user configuration is required. The device is configured for Class B IDC operation. An ALARM signal is sent to the loop controller when the station’s pull lever is operated. The alarm condition is latched at the station.
The Kidde GSA-M270 Manual Pull Station is only compatible with Kidde’s Signature Loop Controller.
Testing & Maintenance
The station’s automatic self-diagnosis identifies when it is defective and causes a trouble message. The user-friendly maintenance program shows the current state of each Signature series device and other pertinent messages. Single devices may be deactivated temporarily, from the control panel.
The GSA-M270’s terminal block accepts #18 AWG (0.75mm2) to #12 AWG (2.5mm2) wire sizes.
The single-stage GSA-M270 manual pull station mounts to North American 2.5 inch (64 mm) deep 1-gang boxes.
All models include terminals are suited for #12 to #18 AWG (2.5 mm2 to 0.75 mm2) wire size.
The loop controller electronically addresses each manual station, saving valuable time during system commissioning. Each station has its own unique serial number stored in its on-board memory. The loop controller identifies each device on the loop and assigns a “soft” address to each serial number. If desired, the stations can be addressed using the SIGA-PRO Signature Program/Service Tool.
|Description||Single Action – One Stage|
|Addressing Requirements||Uses 1 Module Address|
|Operating Current||Standby = 250µA, Activated = 400µA|
|Construction & Finish||Diecast Zinc – Red Epoxy with aluminum markings|
|Type Code||Factory Set|
|Operating Voltage||15.2 to 19.95 Vdc (19 Vdc nominal)|
|Storage and||Operating Environment Operating Temperature: 32ºF to 120ºF (0ºC to 49ºC), Storage Temperature: -4ºF to 140ºF (-20ºC to 60ºC) Humidity: 0 to 93% RH|
|LED Operation||On-board Green LED – Flashes when polled, On-board Red LED – Flashes w hen in alarm|
|Compatibility||Use With: Signature Loop Controller|
|Agency Listings||UL, ULC, MEA, CSFM, FM|