Kidde GSA-CRH Control Relay Module
- High Power Rating of 120/240 VAC or 24 VDC rated contact to control external appliances
- Provides one relay with 2 Form C contacts
- Relay accepts 12 to 18 AWG (1.0 to 4.0 mm²) wiring from 2 sources
- Transmits information to the loop controller regarding their locations with respect to other devices on the loop
- Easy wiring and module replacement with removable terminal blocks
- With programmable addresses from the loop controller or PC
- Allows lower communication speed with improved control panel response time
- Less sensitive to line noise and loop wiring properties
Kidde’s GSA-CRH High Power Control Relay Module is an addressable device designed for interface applications that require high voltage, high current relay. Two identical sets of relay terminals are provided. Both sets of relay contacts transfer when the module is activated or restored. The state of the output terminals is not supervised.
The module requires one address on the signaling line circuit (SLC), and the address is assigned electronically. There are no address switches to set.
Use Personality Code 8 to configure the GSA-CRH Control Relay module.
Personality Code 8: Signal – dry contact output. Configures the module as a dry relay contact to control external appliances (door closers, fan controllers, dampers) or equipment shutdown.
The LED status shows the state of the module through the cover plate:
- Normal: Green LED flashes
- Alarm/active: Red LED flashes
The GSA-CRH is part of the Signature Series intelligent processing and control platform. It is compatible with VM Series and VS Series control panels.
Testing & Maintenance
Kidde’s GSA-CRH has an automatic self-diagnosis which identifies when it is defective and prompts a trouble message. The user-friendly maintenance program shows the current state of each module and other pertinent messages. Single modules may be turned off (deactivated) temporarily, from the control panel.
The loop controller electronically addresses the GSA-CRH, saving valuable time during system commissioning. Setting complicated switches or dials is not required. The module has its own unique serial number stored in its on-board memory.
|SLC operating voltage||15.20 to 19.95 VDC|
|SLC current||Standby 75 μA max Activated 75 μA max|
|Relay type||2 Form C, programmable|
|Number of GSA-CRH per SLC||60 max.|
|Wire size||12 to 18 AWG (1.0 to 4.0 mm²)|
|Agency Listings||CAN/ULC-S527, UL 864|
|Storage temperature||−4 to 140°F (−20 to 60°C)|
|Operating environment||Temperature 32 to 120°F (0 to 49°C), Relative humidity 0 to 93%, noncondensing|